A recent 5G review of international scientists has documented health damages caused by WiFi and mobile phone radiation of the 5th generation (5G). The Journal Toxicology Letters, Volume 323 published the systematic review in the May issue. Diagnose-Funk also presented it in the ElektrosmogReport (1/2020). What distinguishes the publications and, in particular, the 5G review? We take a look at the research results in an overview.
Publications of the 5G review on health damages
Diagnose-Funk and the ElektrosmogReport
Diagnose-Funk is an independent environmental and consumer organization in the German-speaking region. The association is committed to the protection against electromagnetic radiation. The aim is to inform and sensitize the public. For this purpose, the organization discusses the latest studies in its publication ElektrosmogReport and additionally archives them in an online database.
Toxicology Letters is an international journal for fast publication of new reports on aspects of toxicology. It serves as multidisciplinary forum for toxicological research. The aim is rapid publication of new studies that improve public understanding of a particular topic. Aside from studies, the journal publishes reviews, occupational, safety, legal, and risk assessments that take into account effects on humans and the environment.
5G review “Harmful effects of 5G network technology under real life conditions”
- Ronald N. Kostoff (Research Partner, School of Public Policy, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia, USA)
- Paul Heroux (Toxicology and health effects of electromagnetism, McGill University, Canada)
- Michael Aschner (Molecular Pharmacology, Einstein Center of Toxicology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA)
- Aristides Tsatsakis (Toxicology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, Voutes, Heraklion, Crete, Greece)
The review is entitled “Adverse Health Effects of 5G Mobile Networking Technology under Real Life Conditions”. The scientists dealt with the health risks of current mobile radiation. They examined previously published medical and biological studies that show shortcomings with regard to the safety of radiation. Frequencies between 3 Hz and 300 GHz with special attention on 1 GHz to 300 GHz were crucial. For 5G, frequencies between 3.6 and 100 GHz are envisaged.
The scientists found that a large number of the studies considered were not conducted under real life conditions but rather under laboratory conditions. Laboratory tests best demonstrate the scientific understanding of the effects of radiation. However, they do not reflect the actual conditions of the environment in which the radiation sources operate.
Three reasons why laboratory tests do not reflect the real conditions:
- Tests are mainly limited to animals, mostly mice or rats, that have physiological similarities to humans but are much smaller. Rays penetrate deeper into the body.
- Many experiments do not include the real pulsing and modulation of the carrier signal. In addition, they often only use the carrier frequency. For that reason, about half of the studies found no harmful effect, but those with radiation from real mobile phones almost 100 %.
- Defined conditions are prevalent. Only about 5 % of the studies added a second stress factor to the radiation in order to determine the effects of the combination.
The scientists identified a broad spectrum of 5G health damages of non-ionizing radiation. They pointed out that 5G technology, in addition to the generally assumed impairment of skin and eyes, also shows systemic effects.
Fig. 1: Review graph. Undesirable health effects of wireless radiation on humans. Source: ScienceDirect.
Far more studies on potential health effects under real life conditions are therefore required before 5G can be further deployed.
Waveguard develops products for protection against electrosmog
Take your radiation protection into your own hands! We develop exclusive products for you that create a radiation-reduced environment and enable the use of modern technologies without health consequences. This was certified by TÜV-Süd. Do you have any questions about your individual protections? We can help you!
Did you like our article? Then feel free to read about the latest developments around the subject of electromagnetic radiation in our Waveguard Blog.
- Elsevier B.V.: Toxicology Letters. Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2020. https://www.journals.elsevier.com/toxicology-letters
- EMF:data: ElektrosmogReport. March 2020 issue. https://www.emfdata.org/de/elektrosmogreport?&page=1
- News aktuell GmbH; Presseportal: ElektrosmogReport 1-2020: New studies on the subject of WiFi and mobile phone radiation prove impaired memory performance and health damages. Hamburg, Germany, 2020. https://www.presseportal.de/pm/134366/4557220
- ScienceDirect: Adverse health effects of 5G mobile networking technology under real-life conditions. Toxicology Letters. Volume 323. Georgia (USA) 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxlet.2020.01.020